2005/08/06

[Unicycle] Shopping at St Jacob's market

St Jacob's market is very nice, and not far. When driving a car, you are there in 7mns. A long time ago, I went there on Rollerblades, the road is not great (no sidewalks) and once inside you need shoes. Today I went there on the unicycle: it was a lot of fun!

The first thing is, I don't know what's the distance from my place, but it took me a while to come back, something like 45 mns. I wonder if this is good enough a reason to buy a new unicycle with a much larger wheel ;) The second thing is, because it is taking so much time to go there, it is not reasonable to buy meat, or at least not too much of it (which is a pity because the meat is much better there), nor fragile fruits. And last but not least, my carrier capacity is quite limited: I am not good enough on the unicycle to carry things other than in my backpack. I will try with a larger backpack next week, but then the weight might be too much for my balance!

Anyway it was a lot of fun, going to the market doing sport in the sun rather than in the car gives it a totally different spirit. It made me want to relax, and buy more small crappy things, like another CD of harmonica (the guy selling it was playing aver nice accordion), or such as those those 6 small dragons that I am supposed to attach to the laces of my shoes :)

This afternoon, I will drive to Conestoga to complete my shopping. I will also try to find those shoes with little wheel on the heal: children have it all over Waterloo now, and a friend told me that they should have the same for adults there now: I want a pair! And, to be able to take a picture of my new shoes, I will have a look and maybe buy a digital camera... We'll see!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Coucou! J'ai trouvé ça sur mon blog, alors je transmets... :)
C'est une copine et ancienne collègue, elle est très sympa.
---------------------------------
Bonjour Jérémy,

je m'appelle Chrystelle, j'ai 30 ans et je travaille au Sud de Paris. Je souhaite largement amélioré mon anglais, ton blog est super sympa, j'aime beaucoup.
Quand j'aurais une adresse mail perso je serais ravie d'échanger avec toi et que tu m'aides à perfectionner mon anglais si tu veux bien.

mar. août 09, 11:13:51 AM

dot said...

LOL: Le concept de "Trouve ca sur mon blog" est interessant. Juste au moment ou je me demandais si j'allais pas passer mon blog en Francais (c'etait prevu bilingue au depart)!

Chrystell: Lara et moi connaissons un Chris Texan tres sympa, qui en ce moment cherche a perfectionner son francais: vous pourriez peut-etre correspondre? C'est quelqu'un de tres interessant, il a appris les Maths en France, a enseigne l'anglais au Japon, parle espagnol (normal au Texas), fait de la musique...

Sinon, pas de probleme pour te corriger ponctuellement (Je viens de corriger le CV de Chris en Francais), mais comme la raison de ce blog est de donner des nouvelles a tous les copains a la fois parce que je n'ai pas le temps de leur ecrire... Je n'aurais pas forcement le temps de correspondre!

Bises a toutes les deux,
JyBy

Lara said...

Désoléee pour tout-à-l'heure, j'étais en speed et pas suffisemment réveillée pour lire de l'anglais...
So I'm answering now: Life is beautiful my friend! Keep enjoying! :)

Gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

Salut Jérémy,

hier j'ai vu lara et m'a dit que tu avais répondu. C'est sympa, mais can I have mail adress of CHris TEXAN ? enfin s'il est OK pour que lui perfectionne son français et moi mon anglais. Sinon, j'ai une adresse mail perso "chrysto13@yahoo.fr" et internet at home dans qq jours !!!
Bises,
Chrystelle