2006/08/14

[Fun] Me, the butterfly...


Face in the sun
Originally uploaded by LeJyBy.
I remember a stupid time-travel story where hunters go to the time of dinosaurs, make a mistake, and come back to their time to find a much more cynical humanity. They then realize that they killed a beautiful butterfly in the past, the ancestor of those which would inspire humanity with poetry and art.

I feel like a butterfly when I am teaching, whether it is juggling, unicycling, music, or algorithms and mathematics; or even when I am passing people with my accordion or my unicycle and I make them smile. I could die any time, without children or "grand oeuvre" associated to my name, I would still be happy to have inspired many people with some of the essence of poetry, gameplay, joy of life.

On Saturday I organized a pizza party with a lot of playing with children and adults alike, teaching them how to make pizza, how to sculpt balloons and create levitating objects with magnets. On Sunday I went to the Waterloo Art Festival and met Jean, a beautiful young girl eager to learn unicycling: you can see her smile, she progressed very quickly!

2 comments:

bennyben said...

She's progressing quickly ou you're progressing quickly ? :))
Je déconne bien sur, par contre je suis curieux des pizzas que vous avez faites, personnellement je ne suis pas capable d'en faire correctement (pourtant bien essaye) et on me dit que surtout il faut le four a bois qui faut bien.

dot said...

lol. Je ne suis pas encore desespere au point de dragger les filles de 18 ans ;)

Pizzas: j'en faisais a Orsay, et oui avec un four merdique c'est pas top. Une astuce, c'est d'acheter une pierre a pizza, que tu prechauffe une demie-heure, et qui va cuire la pizza par en dessous. Si tu ne trouve pas de pierre a pizza tu peux le faire avec des carreaux de terre cuite, en evitant ceux avec du plomb (sinon ca contamine tes pizzas). La seconde astuce, c'est de mettre du couscous entre la pierre et la pizza, pour faire "roulement a bille", avec ca les pizzas glissent toutes seules dans ton plat! Je suppose que tu sais comment faire la pate a pain/pizza?